Dominion Medical Associates
- Urban Views Weekly
- Associated Insurance Systems Services, Inc.
- Influential Family Services, Inc.
- WUPV CW Richmond - Bounce TV Tracie Spencer
- JB Bryan Financial Group, Inc.
- Aron Stewart
- Nedra L. Blizzard, CPA, PLLC
- Bodies & Beyond Gym and Fitness
- Majestic Milestone
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Fiscal Fitness Tax & Financial Services, Inc.
- A W Smith Small Business Solutions
- Dominion Medical Associates
- Appomattox Drugs
- Old Dominion Home Health Services, Inc.
- Davis Brothers Construction Company
- Fashion Design Center
- Soul Purpose
- TKO Cleaning Services
- United Unlimited Construction, Inc.
- Shelia Spurlock-Shaw
- Virginia Heritage Foods, Inc.
- Breath of Fresh Air - CPR & Healthcare Training Center
- S.H. Leverett Educational Consulting, LLC
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Quality Moving Services
- Jireh Construction Inc.
- Mequell Green Insurance Agency-Nationwide Insurance
- Pryor Hauling Inc.
- Commonwealth Construction Company of VA, Inc.
- Jo-Lyn Services, Inc.
- Prestige Construction Group, Inc.
- Your Paperless Office, LLC
- Amiralyn Properties
- Exquisite Rentals
- Premium Shipping
- Ropho Sales
- child Shield, U.S.A.
- Creative Youth Concepts, Inc.
- G T T Enterprises, Inc.
- New York Life
- Premiere Care Givers & Medical Career Educators
- Taylor-Made Business Services, LLC
- Daily Grace LLC
- NBC12 - WWBT
- Green-Lead Solutions LLC
- Dwight Snead Construction Company
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Organo Gold Independent Distributor
- Sistahood of Richmond
- Angela McNeal, Realtor
- The Building Bridges Academy
- ERA Woody Hogg & Associates
- An Elegant Event
- Integrity Pest Solutions
- McEachin & Gee Law Firm
- A Plus Home Health Care
- Black Cat Design
- Essence Cosmetology & Barbering Academy
- Parris Gainer Consulting Services
- Legal Shield
- Whispering Pine Martial Arts
- D & S Enterprise Cleaning Service
- Crossplatform Design
- Junior Achievement of Central Virginia
- Northwestern Mutual
- Worth Unlimited
- Powhatan Fair Association
- Four Deep Multimedia, LLC
- Ross Termite Solutions
- Spectrum Office Solutions
- Youngevity 90ForLife
- Radio One, Inc. Richmond
- Zan's Refuse Serivces
- Comcast Cable
- Forrest White Printing and Graphic Design
- 4Core Technology Group
- Boomer3 Solutions
- Commercial Investment Group
- Jeremiah Enterprises
- Balloons and Things
- Sustainable Facility Solutions
- Law Office of Alex Taylor
- Urban Development Corporation
- D & K Painting, LLC
- Chesterfield County Economic Development
- City of Richmond
- Gallery of Weave & Wigs
- James Management Group, LLC
- Retirement & Insurance Financial Services
- American Tap Room
- Kirby & Associates
- RMT Construction & Development Group
Welcome to the CVAACC!
Becoming Obama's Favorite Lunch Spot
Obama's favorite lunch spot Taylor Gourmet was financed with an SBA-backed loan.
Social Media for Social Good: Going Beyond Facebook and Twitter
Are you the founder of a non-profit organization? Many organizations use social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to raise awareness, mobilize volunteers and source donations. But there are newer social media platforms that can leverage social media for social good such as Instagram, Pinterest and Vine.
iUrban Teen Tech Founder Deena Pierott Introduces Teens to STEM Disciplines
Deena Pierott is the founder of iUrban Teen Tech, a program that exposes underserved teens to career opportunities within science and technology. She was also honored as a White House Champion of Change and recognized as one of Ebony Magazine’s 2013 Top 100.
Contreras-Sweet, the founder and chairman of a community bank in Los Angeles, fills the final seat on the president’s second-term cabinet. She previously served as California’s secretary of the state’s Business, Transportation and Housing Agency, and she was the state’s first Latina to serve as a cabinet secretary.
2014 Black Enterprise Woman of Power: Sheila Johnson is Making History in Sports
Sheila Johnson is the only African American woman to have ownership in three professional sports teams, including the NBA’s Washington Wizards and the NHL’s Washington Capitals. She is also founding partner of Black Entertainment Television.
Cybersecurity attacks can happen at any time so it is best to implement strategies to protect your business and your confidential data from potential threats.
In case you missed it, check out the clip from last week's official launch and ribbon cutting ceremony with guest speaker Dr. Randal Pinkett!
Check out the WTVR-6 interview with the Central VA African American Chamber of Commerce's Chairman and Founder, Mr. Ervin Clarke!
nvesting in any business takes risk and it can be difficult pitching your idea to potential investors. One of the tips is starting out with friends and family that can afford to invest.
Hiring a Professional Employer Organization can free up your time so that you can focus on other areas of your business.
The opportunity to build relationships with clients can happen at any time. Simple things such as communicating on a regular basis or ending your emails with "I will call you to follow up" make a huge difference.
Most hair products for black consumers are no longer produced by black-owned companies, but now we are seeing more black entrepreneurs producing and selling natural hair care products for black women.
Four women executives provide insights on the leadership challenges women face in the workplace.
Creating a private label for a large company can compromise the quality of your product. Some entrepreneurs would prefer to build their own brand instead of selling to a larger company.
Here are 6 way to effectively utilize social media to connect with your customers and build your business.
Soon customers will be able to pay their bill via PayPal using a handheld payment device. Would you consider using it in your restaurant?
Small business owners it's time to gear up for the holiday season! It will be here before you know it. Make sure you have enough inventory during peak sales time and a contingency plan if you run out.
Do you have an amazing family recipe? There are several ways to capitalize on reproducing a family recipe.
Inc.'s Scott Gerber goes one-on-one with FUBU creator Daymond John on building an effective pitch, a killer brand and a profitable business.
Was it easy? Of course not. But nine months after leaving my start-up behind, I know what I would have done differently.
Via Huffington Post
This dapper 11-year-old fashion entrepreneur is showing the world that you can start your business at any age.
The spending power of African Americans has been underrepresented drastically; marketing to African Americans is advantage to any business.
Via The Grio
It has been 50 years since the historic March on Washington; African-Americans have made strides in income but there is still a huge wealth gap.
If you are planning a business meeting over lunch soon, keep these rules of etiquette handy.
The African American Population is by far the largest non – white race/ethnicity in Central Virginia.
Total population 1,258,000
White 780,000 62%
Black 375,000 30%
Asian 39,000 3%
Hispanic 63,000 5%
U.S. Census Bureau
New central Virginia chamber will serve the region’s growing African American businesses
Five years ago, Northern Virginia started one and now central Virginia has one as well.
A group of black business leaders led by Ervin Clarke, owner of Urban Views Weekly, has launched the Central Virginia African American Chamber of Commerce. The new chamber is an association of businesses, individuals and organizations who believe that recycling dollars within the black community is an integral part of building a more financially-sound community.
Read More >>